Wrongful death is a term that refers to a situation when a fatality was the result of negligence of another entity. Wrongful death cases help to financially compensate the heirs of a person whose death was caused by negligent acts of another.
Wrongful death cases have many different causes, including:
- Medical malpractice resulting in death
- Transportation accidents (i.e. car and bus)
- Occupational exposure to hazardous conditions or substances (i.e. asbestos)
- Neglect or abuse of a nursing home resulting in death
- Death during a supervised activity (i.e. field trip, etc.)
Though, it is not the first priority of a family of the deceased to seek a lawyer, it is a critical decision that will affect the lives of the family. There are time limitations that must be satisfied when working with such cases. When a person’s death was the result of negligence, malice, recklessness or inactivity of another party a wrongful death case should be pursued immediately.
In order to have a successful wrongful death case the following elements must be present:
- Death of a human being
- Negligent entity that caused the death
- The appointment of a personal representative for the
In court, the accused entity will have attorneys that will try to refute and devalue your case. Having an experienced wrongful death attorney on your side will help fight and counter the testimony given by the accused entity.
You have the right to receive proper compensation for injuries sustained which are caused by the negligence of others!
Don't wonder about your rights!